Another recipe?!?! Normally I would try to space out my culinary masterpieces….but this was SO. GOOD! It was so easy too and came together in about 20 minutes. This is from Cooking Light….spicy asian noodles with chicken. Of course I had to mess around with it…my changes are in red.
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used about a pound of shrimp)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) (leave out if you don’t want any heat in the dish…Chiquita, I’m talking to you!)
- 1 (6.75-ounce) package thin rice sticks (rice-flour noodles) (I used brown rice noodles)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; cook 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Place in a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, and next 6 ingredients (through sambal).
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cook shrimp in large skillet about 2-3 minutes per side. Add sauce and noodles and heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- I steamed some broccoli to serve with the noodles. Please excuse this picture…I didn’t wipe down the plate.
Update on the deck situation is coming up tomorrow. Spoiler alert: We agreed to disagree.