Fridays with Fynnlee

Oh my, my…thank g o o d n e s s s s s it’s Friday. Was this an exhausting week for everyone? Or just us?

Daylight savings time can bite me. I always heard parents complain that it throws a wrench in all the works.

But holy geez…I finally get it. Sleep has been hard to come by this week. Greyson is sleeping better now that we’re just leaving him alone when he flips on his tummy. But this one…

My loveable little Squish has decided sleep is for suckers. Why sleep when you can par-tay?!

The Beans are going to bed no problem but around 1:00, my princess turns into a pumpkin and all hell breaks loose. She’ll babble for a while. Then she’s scream. Then she’ll cry. More babbling…lots more screaming. And then lots and lots and lots more crying. One night Jerry and I alternated holding/rocking her for 2 hours and I finally gave in and hit her with the Tylenol. I’m guessing this nonsense is teething (and if it’s not…hooboy, we are in for it) and after 27 teething tabs didn’t work, the Tylenol finally did.

(sidebar – I noticed with both of my children that a shot of Tylenol instantly calms them down and helps them sleep. I know there isn’t a sedative and the pain relief isn’t immediate so I’m not sure what the what is going on? Thoughts? And lest anyone think I’m just doping my kids up with that sweet red goo…I’ve only given it to Greyson twice and Fynnlee once in the last 2-3 weeks.)

So last night, both babes got some great shut eye (well Fynnlee woke up around 1:30, babbled for 15 minutes and talked herself back to sleep). And then at 2:00…Jacob jumped on the bed and pawed me in the face (not really but it makes a better story) and whined to go out. Furry dude had some business to take care of and my perfect night of uninterrupted sleep was shot. Welcome to the rest of my life…

Once she’s up, the morning goes a little like this…I feed her, then I guzzle 18 mugs of coffee while she plays.

Then we read some stories

Then she jumps for a half hour (which is very serious business)

Then brother wakes up and she watches me feed him.

Then we get dressed and ready to start our day.

(Another sidebar…looooooook at the adorable matching jammies I found at Target! $16.99 for one set and the second set was 50% off. Bargain shopping and it ain’t even Black Friday. I LOVE me some Christmas PJs.)

And she had a fun week at school (these are from last week)…

painting with beads.

Exploring new toys

Discovering the joys of the jack-o-lantern

Prepping for the big parade

Final sidebar -(I’m all over the place today!) This morning we repurposed our Moses basket into a makeshift play pen. The Beans can almost sit up on their own and this worked out well as it offered just the right amount of support. And kept their toys corralled at the same time.

Tomorrow we start day 1 of our helmet therapy. The kiddos will be acclimated to their helmets over 5 days with the end result being that they will wear them 23 hours a day. I’ll have a whole separate update on their noggin situation soon. Fynn wouldn’t let me take a picture of her having hers fitted (she was super tired…so. much. drama.) but my little lovebug was pretty cooperative


Wish us luck!

1 thought on “Fridays with Fynnlee”

  1. Good luck with the helmets! They have come a long way with the size and how they look! Our wonderful Maggie-dog decided that she had some business to take care of at 3am last night. Luckily my husband handled that because I was pumping….but I feel your pain…basically triplets and this is the rest of our lives…but I wouldn’t change a thing!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s