Fynnlee, Greyson

Weekend update

How is there only one week left until Xmas??? I felt like I had all this time to get stuff done but here we are. T minus 6 days till Santa Claus comes to town.


We had one of those great weekends with not a whole lot planned. Saturday we went to tumbling class followed by a quick trip to Costco and then home for naps. When the kids woke up, we decided it was time to bake cookies!

I am SO not a baker but I love the tradition of making Christmas cookies with the kids. In future years, I’ll bust out the kitchen aid mixer and whip up a batch of sugar cookie dough. Then we can cut shapes and ice and sprinkle the picture perfect cookies.

But for now…Aldi has cut and bake sugar cookie dough that fits the bill. And for $3, we didn’t really care how they turned out.

We had green and red sprinkles everywhere but they had a blast shaking that sugar on their cookies.

They ended up being pretty tasty too!


So Fynnlee has been talking about how excited she is to meet Santa. She wants to sit on his lap and tell him what she wants for Christmas (which is cookies and coffee). We hadn’t planned on doing any special photos because you might remember how well it went last year.

She couldn’t get away from him fast enough.


But Jerry saw a Breakfast with Santa at the same location as last year. And so we said, what the heck? Let’s do it!

Monte Cello’s does a nice breakfast buffet and they have a Santa that walks around, talking to the kids. After a few seconds of burying her face in my neck and being super shy, Fynn came out of her shell and really liked talking to the big guy.

When it came time to sit on his lap, however…she completely changed her tune. The was no chance she was going to STAND next to him, let alone sit on his lap. But she did let me hold her and got pretty close. I call that a win.

The kids fell asleep on the way home and I figured we ruined nap time. But about an hour after we got to the house, they went in their cribs and settled down for a little snooze.

Or so we thought.

I heard talking coming from their room but let them go, figuring they’d eventually fall asleep. I settled myself on the couch in the living room and relaxed with some Don’t Be Tardy on the DVR. About 15 minutes in, I heard the unmistakable pitter patter of little feet running across the floor upstairs.


Jarrad, I just heard someone running around upstairs! We both flew up the steps only to find Thing 1 and Thing 2 giggling in our bedroom. Every single stuffed animal in their bedroom were piled up in Greyson’s crib and we figured they shimmied down the side of his crib, landing on a pile of pillows.

They’re trying to kill me. At least neither of them got hurt.

Jerry went right out and bought a camera for their room so we can monitor their shenanigans. But I think we need to start thinking about big kid beds for them.

The rest of the night was spent making mounds of GG’s famous Pick-a-mix and watching the Steelers lose to the Patriots #heartbreak


So that was our weekend. It’s a short work week for us and we’re getting pretty psyched about our holiday celebrations. Ho Ho Ho!

1 thought on “Weekend update”

  1. We are going on 2+ months of no sleep due to no more cribs. I wish you the best of luck with the transition!! No one warned me about this transition…but once I brought it up to my twin Mom group they started telling me it was the worst one! Grab some wine…but fingers crossed it’s an easy one for you!!! Merry Christmas!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s