They tell you “they grow up so fast” and “don’t blink or you’ll miss it“. And oh my goodness are they right. I have NO IDEA how my babies, my little sweet teeny tiny babies…are TWO. Wasn’t I just obnoxiously pregnant last week? Complaining about my swollen ankles and my aching knees? The passing of time is crazy…like CRAZY, crazy and here we are. The Beans are 2.
Two is tantrums and tears followed by hugs and kisses. Two is craving independence but looking to Mom or Dad for reassurance. Two is pushing boundaries but thriving on praise. Two is giggles and happy squeals. Two is snuggles and cuddles and “All Done”. Two is Hi Mommy and Bye Daddy and parents that melt into puddles when they say our names.
Two is pretty freaking awesome.
Greyson at TWO…
* loves his Mommy and loves his Daddy but his favorite person on the planet is his big sister. He calls her Nin Nee (and probably will forever) and he thinks she hung the moon. She had a meltdown the other day so he sat down on the floor with her and patted her back while she wailed. He loves to make her laugh and when she does, he repeats that funny thing over and over. He loves to hold her hand and share his snack with her.
* has grown some devil horns. My sweet little lovebug has tapped into his super ornery side. His favorite word is “NO”, he loves to run away from you when you call him and when you say “Greyson please don’t dump water on the floor/get into that drawer/throw things off the deck…he grins and does it anyway. He’s lucky he’s cute. He still has a very sweet, very lovable side that more than makes up for his spunkiness.
* asks for “Do Do” (Baby Shark) or Mick (MM Clubhouse) first thing every morning and then pretty much all day. He loves all books and music. His favorite toys are his bus, his riding toy, blocks and balls. He’s starting to become very interested in cars, too. He has 27 stuffed animals that he likes to carry everywhere with him but his favorites are Puppy (which we keep at school) and Teddy (which he has at home).
* has a whole arsenal of words at his disposal. His vocabulary has exploded over the last 2 months! He thinks every color is Blue (Bee-yew), love to talk about his stinky feet (Pee Pew) and can now ask for a banana (bana), pouch or wawa (milk).
* loves to be outside, outside, outside, outside…whether it’s the deck or the playground. Makes rainy days tough.
* eats like a champ. Favorites are grandma’s chicken soup, meatballs, pesto chicken, strawberries, yogurt and pouches. He’s only ever had water and milk to drink but he now gets 2% at home. He does not like normal kid food…chicken fingers, ranch dressing, ICE CREAM! But that’s just fine with me.
Fynnlee at TWO…
* has every man in her life wrapped around her little finger. She loves her Daddy/Papa/Grandpa Jim/Grandpa Carl something fierce and gravitates toward them first. Mark my words…one of them will buy her a pony someday. She definitely has her moments when she needs her Mommy so I don’t mind.
* She LOVES, loves books and will let you read to her for hours. Our board book days are dwindling as she really likes the ones geared toward older kids. We’ve avoided the library so far because she (and her brother) cannot be trusted not to rip out pages. But we’re getting close to having respect for our books so I look forward to our first Field Trip.
* has discovered how to sleep. You know how I feel about Jinx and I’m going to smack myself in the head if this stops. But she has slept in until at least 5:45 every single day for the past 3 weeks!! Some days I need to wake her up for school!! You guys have no idea how HUGE this is. HUGE!
* is such a sensitive little soul. Don’t get me wrong…this child can turn on the Diva behavior right quick. But her feelings get hurt so easily and she cries when Greyson gets in trouble. And when she gets in trouble…she’s devastated.
* is less picky than she was. Still loves pasta, pesto chicken, strawberries, yogurt, veggie straws, stuffed shells and pouches. But she’ll try anything I am eating and usually steals half of my food once she decides she likes it. Only drinks water and 2% milk.
* She still loves anything with buttons (the remote, computer keyboards, pop up toys) and loud, noisy toys. She’s really getting into puzzles and pointing out characters in her Mickey book. Favorite shows are Daniel Tiger, MMC and Do Do (PinkFong). She’s started “singing” along to her favorite songs. She also gravitates toward Halloween, which I find odd. Mickey’s Monster Musical is her favorite episode, Pete the Cat’s 5 little pumpkins is her favorite book and Ding Dong, Trick or Treat is her favorite PinkFong song (next to Do Do)
* LOVES swim class and has no fear. She loves to jump into your arms and pushes you away when you stand too close.
Oh Greyson and Fynnlee, you are the best part of everything. I am in awe of the people you are becoming and am unbelievably blessed to be a part of it. Every day is a good day when I’m with you and I’m so excited to see what adventures await us this year.
You are so loved.